Viking Blue Steel 10-Inch Fry Pan
Though cast iron also excels as maintaining even heating, it can take time to rise to temperature and since iron itself is so brittle, more of the material must be used to make it durable, making traditional cast iron pans larger and heavier. With blue carbon steel, you'll have a pan that is noticeably lighter without sacrificing performance. And like cast iron, blue carbon steel also heats quickly and evenly, reducing the risk of hot spots from occurring. Blue carbon steel is also prized for achieving high temperatures quickly without fear of damage occurring to the pan itself. Viking Blue Steel is oven safe to 450F for restaurant quality finishing in the oven.
- Blue carbon steel is able to withstand high temperatures without damaging the pan, making it perfect for finishing steaks with a quick sear or sauteing a quick stir fry
- As a thinner alloy, blue carbon steel heats more quickly than cast iron while still maintaining its even and consistent heat distribution
- Made without PTFE and PFOA. Naturally nonstick due to the vegetable oil seasoning
- Carbon steel cookware is touted by many as the perfect blend between clad cookware and cast iron, delivering the superior heat transfer of cast iron for searing and the even distribution of clad 3-ply cookware
- Compatible with all Cooking Surfaces; Electric, Gas, Grill, Induction, & Oven Friendly
Dimensions - 23.5 x 14.5 x 1.5 Inches