Emile Henry Large Food Storage Bowl, 14.1-Inch
by Emile Henry
Original price $159.95 - Original price $159.95
$159.95 - $159.95
Current price $159.95
- Resistance Against Mechanical Shocks: During everyday use, there are many opportunities to bang a dish or a set of plates. Particularly resistant to shocks, our ceramic is even used in restaurants!
- Resistance Against Temperature Changes: A dish or stewpot should be able to withstand wide variations in temperature. Our ceramics allow our products to be taken directly from the freezer to the hot oven (+250C/500F).
- Resistance Against Fading Colors: Heat, the dishwasher or sharp instruments will all have an aging effect on a product. Our glazes are particularly resistant to the dishwasher and the most aggressive of detergents.
- Suitable for all stove types, including induction
- Durable stainless steel single tone whistle
The upper level made of cork serves as a fruit bowl. The lower level, made of ceramic acts as a mini pantry to store potatoes, onions, beets and other root vegetables, as well as fruit that is not ripe enough. The natural properties of the cork help preserve the fruit and keeps it fresh for longer and keeps pesky fruit flies at bay. The ceramic body keeps the light out, and together with the insulating properties of the cork lid, they help maintain a constant temperature, much like in an old school cellar.